Crossing to Baja

We finally crossed to Baja. We left at 2:00 am in the dark. It was 73 nautical miles. When we left there was dolphins waving us off. I don't really know what happened when we left, because I was sleeping,  just ask my parents. But I had to get up. I was kinda excited. I told my mom that I was going to wear this, this and this on my top. This, this and this on my bottom. And this, this and this on my feet. I was afraid I was going to be freezing, but Dad came below and laughed his head off. I do remember waking up from my sleep and my Mom was dreaming about clamshells, so many glorious clamshells. Weird!!



Then I went up above, wearing less then I thought about. I clipped into our safety harnesses, two actually and I sucked up Dad's warmth. Finally, the sun rose, it was beautiful. I loved it! It was so pretty. I could have bathed in that moment forever. We were able to sail for a bit, but motor sailed for most of the time. So far we have seen a bunch of sea turtles, loads of dolphins, jumping Mobula rays and a Grey whale. Unfortunately, we have only caught one fish. We are "buddy boating" with a boat called Alma. They are super nice and sweet. LOVE you guys!!!




Oh, I have a couple questions for you guys, answer in my comments. 

1) What is the smallest endangered mammal in the world that lives in the Sea of Cortez?

2) What are the names of the 4 sides of a sail boat?


Well, I guess we'll sail right into my next blog.

Hasta Luego


 


Comments

  1. Hey there Ellie and family! This is Helen and family! Congrats on making Baja! Thanks for the update.

    It was really fun learning about the vaquita marina - Mexico's little Sea Cow! Hope they find a way to keep them out of the nets!

    And how does bow, stern, starboard and port sound? Not bad for land lubbers!

    I Miss you Ellie!

    Helen (and crew!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cool. are you an early riser or what.

    Love livi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I love about Mexico

Alive and Well

What the heck is S/V Milou?