What the heck is S/V Milou?

Me driving Milou
Milou is french for the name of the dog "Snowy", in the comic books Tin Tin. But Milou in this case is a 1983 Beneteau First 38, a 40 foot sailboat. We spent three nights in Mexico looking at Milou and a nice day of sailing her. It was very fun when we sailed her and I really liked driving the boat. On the third night my parents came back from a drink with the owners of Milou, and told me they had bought the sailboat. I cried so hard and yelled "take it back, take it back, take it back". I felt a mixture of feelings, BUT not excitement. I was afraid of leaving home and of the unknown. 



Comments

  1. Please keep letting me know what's going on even though you gave me an F last time I tried to add a post to your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably dont remember meeting me, as it was a really long time ago. I am a friend of your family from Los Angeles. But I have two children, Matthew (teo-10) and Annie (8).

    You have to post every time you catch a fish, as I have an emotional investment in fishing and so do my son and daughter. It will be quite an adventure you and your parents are embarking on. I will be in Mexico November 8. Also, I plan to be there in May of 2019. I have talked with your father about hopefully meeting in person when we travel there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I love about Mexico

The Southern Crossing