Alive and Well


Well... we have had friends here for two weeks, but I'm going to do a recap of the last month. Last time I wrote was right before Thanksgiving, so I have a lot to catch up on. For Thanksgiving we went to a restaurant called El Mar. It was really good with a large buffet for Thanksgiving dinner. What was really cool was about half way through dinner a Marachi band came and played for us. I would say it was Thanksgiving Mexican style. But dad missed out since they were out of pumpkin pie. After Thanksgiving we sailed and worked on boat projects. 

Oh my, I forgot to mention I made two good friends. I'm going to use code names, one is Av and the other is Jilly. Av has lived here since she was three and Jilly is on a trawler named Shilo. We all became really good friends; one big threesome. We have had two slumber parties; one on our boat and one on Jilly's. We have also rode horses on the beach and in the desert. 


Christmas was very busy here. We celebrated both holidays with good friends. Christmas Eve we went to a boat light parade. Christmas day we woke up and our table was full of presents and games. Then off for a Christmas day sail and a double hook up, A.K.A two fish on at the same time. That meant fish for Christmas dinner. We invented a new holiday called "Fishmas". 


 My favorite memories of their visit was having tournaments at Bahia San Pedro anchorage and eating ice cream at Barracuda Bob's. New years Eve was uneventful, followed by a day sail the next day and more fish for Fishmas. No that was New Fish Year. So good to have good friends come and visit. We miss them!












Comments

  1. Hi Ellie,
    glad to hear that you're having fun on you're boat. If you are wondering what it is like here, well I can tell you that in one word... SNOWY! I miss you

    love, Livia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I love about Mexico

The Southern Crossing