Catching Fish




The first day we were sailing we caught,... well I don't know. This is how the story goes. We were just sailing along with our fishing line out, when all of a sudden we got a bite. Then fast as a bullet Dad jumped and started reeling it in. He yelled at Mom," Put it on auto pilot, I need help". Then he yelled, " Grab my phone". Well, of course I grabbed the phone. "Go get the two fish books", he yelled. I did just that, though I got a little seasick going down below. This had been the most exciting part of my day so far, except seeing hundreds of dolphins. We pulled it into the boat, and he said," Don't step down it has needle sharp teeth". I looked in the first fish book and it had a colored picture of a Sierra, and that's what it was. I looked in the second book and got some facts and I had picked the exact lure they had suggested to use for catching Sierra. That night we went over to our friends boat in the anchorage; and we made sashimi. Yum, yum, it was fantastic! On our fourth day out we were trolling along and we got a very big bite. Dad thought it was a tuna, I thought it was a shark. When Dad reeled it in it would dive, he would reel it in and it would dive. We finally saw a yellow mid-line stripe and a yellow tail and fins. It was a Yellowtail. We made a delicious ceviche and sushi.  Oh yeah, I almost forgot we also caught a Bonito. We still haven't prepared it. I don't know what we are going to do with it. Well..., I think we are going to eat it! 
Swim right into my next blog. Boom, bye fishy.....
Oh yea and a big shout out to my dads friend Matt who hooked us up with all the salt water fishing gear.

Sashimi




First ever anchorage, Bahia San Pedro, Sonora, MX

Comments

  1. Hey Ellie. Great to hear about your fantastic adventures. The sashimi looks fab! We all send our love to you and your mom and dad xo Uncle S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Ellie! Sounds like an amazing time! And great fish and FOOD :) I can't wait until I get to go fishing on our S/V Seafire. You will have to keep us posted as to what has been happening with more of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Ellie, that must have been amazing. That sashimi looks delicious. I can't believe how much sushi you are eating, you're so lucky.

    Love, Livia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I love about Mexico

What the heck is S/V Milou?